Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Kyle on Snowmass

I've just returned from my spring break trip to Snowmass (that means, "a lot of snow"), where my 'rents have a lovely new home complete with hot-tub, roaming elk, and yes, snow. A lot of snow. Actually, the weather was gorgeous: 45 degrees and sunny most days, with the mountains being a bit cooler. Perfect skiing weather in fact. I shushed the slopes of Snowmass 4 days of the week and really fell in love with it again (I haven's skiied much in the last few years). Such a lovely sport. And good for the legs. See my photo log for some choice pics.

The town is a few miles from Aspen and Woody Creek, so naturally it was abuzz with the news of Hunter S. Thompson's suicide. See my previous blog for a writeup of myrecent encounter with HST--probably his last public appearance. My brother Jeremy is pictured with him in the latest Aspen news magazine under the heading "Fans Crowd Hunter S. Thompson". I also visited Denver towards the end of the trip, which has even nicer weather, and Fort Collins, which is a neat college city that Jeremy may attend. Go Jeremy!

Back to the grad school grind now. Hmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home