Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Kyle Class

Today was my first classroom teaching experience. What I noticed more than anything else was that the students just sit there staring at you with a blank expression. What do you do? What...do...you...do? Don't expect participation, nope, not on the first day. Don't expect questions. Do, however, expect a flurry of people after class trying to get in or out of your section and explaining various weird situations they're in which prevent them from working certain times of the day or giving oral presentations. Expect that, and expect to be slightly overwhelmed by it.

It went fine though; no complaints. I'm in charge baby, and don't forget it. That's the mantra I kept repeating to myself during class to avoid becomming nervous.

Now I drink beer left over from today's biopsychology "get to know the incoming class" event. This is the first time I've seen alcohol at one of these things, and it was at noon. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home