Thursday, October 14, 2004

Kyle Bleeds

I'm totally exhausted, a bit dehydrated, and I just cut myself badly while doing dishes....so I thought the time was perfect for some blogging. Blood = Blog.

Shine by David Gray, that's a good song.

So, this week I'm teaching students how to dissect sheep brains. Pretty fun, I must say. It's the first time I've seen much enthusiasm from them. Brains! Fuck Yeah!!!

Next week I go to San Diego for the Society for Neuroscience annual meeting. 35,000 strong last year, and this year is likely to be at least that large. I've never been to SD but have heard good things. I'm presenting my research that identified neurons that code taste pleasure, so I should ge a pretty good crowd at my poster. If the data doesn't do it, then my gimmick sure will: passerbys will have the opportunity to taste my nasty NaCl fluid that I gave the rats. Mmmmm, fluid.

There's a catch to the trip though: Steve has booked us in a roach motel that has awful online reviews (stuff about violence, filth, etc), and partly serves as a halfway house for the local debauchers. So stay tuned for stories from the halfway house--I'm sure I'll have a few by the end of the trip.

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2004 at 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BYOButter
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home